Outdoor Burns Require Burn Permit as of May 1 / by David Lawrence

The Fire and Emergency Response community of Mineral County is reminding folks that Outdoor Burn Permits are required for all types of outdoor burning.   Burn permits are available from the Superior Ranger District by calling 822-3933 or by stopping by the District office at 209 West Riverside in Superior. There is no charge for the permit and it may be mailed to you upon your request. Please call early in the week if you would like to have your permit mailed out, so we’ll have time to get it to you by the weekend. Burn permits are issued by the Superior Ranger District as partners with local and state agencies. The State of Montana and local county government regulate outdoor burning on private land.  Here's a link to the complete PDF news.

Remember, it takes a village to live fire safe and fire wise.